These Things I Have Learned:
- All work (even menial tasks) can become a joy rather than a burden.
- “Practice” is one of the most important words in the spiritual life.
- It is harmful to my soul to judge others.
- All moments of waiting can become moments of keeping vigil.
- The book of the earth is as holy as the book of scripture.
- I am happiest when I am able to surrender my own will.
- If I am not happy with what I have, I probably won’t be happier with more.
- Even if I don’t agree with someone I can learn much by listening to them.