Friday, July 25, 2008

July 19 launching of Spirit First

Spirit First was formally introduced to the world as beloved friends gathered with me on July 19 to celebrate the launching of the organization. In the same way friends come together to witness the union of a man and woman, or come together to celebrate the birth of a child, nearly 75 people gathered to honor and celebrate with me the beginning of Spirit First.

Music filled the air, as several friends donated performances for the launching ceremonies, and we enjoyed incredibly beautiful music.


Felicia Rose came to us from Pennsylvania and brought magic...one of our young guests commented that "when I close my eyes and listen to the music, I feel completely free."






















Treasure and Greg were amazing. These two are friends of my son, and I had never heard them perform until the day of our gathering. Their music was wonderful (I think they don't know how good they are...).


















Dan Mack played beautiful classical guitar followed by several popular numbers accompanied by vocalist (and wife) Sassy Wagner.















Primordia brought our day full circle closing with Native American poetry and music with Joe Sullivan on flute.













photography by Madalina Diacanu
photography by Hector Guevara

No comments: